Americas Home Place - Poor quality cost us money
My wife & I had a "Signature Collection" Hanover home built in North Florida 2006. Since that time, among several "punch list" problems such as poor quality drywall and electrical mis-wiring, the shingles have slid off the roof 5 times; a roof leak rotted the rear wall and caused mold; and substandard construction allowed a water leak in a side wall that resulted in termite damage that went undetected. America's Home Place repaired the roofing and leak problems, but we had to pay for proper termite treatment, which required drilling holes in the slab, and for the cost of the repair to the wall. We're out almost $2,000 thanks to the poor build quality. AHP offered to pay if we'd sign a waiver against ALL future problems (which would include the roof). After consulting a lawyer, we declined.We are now preparing to sue the company to recover our money.
We've owned several homes in Florida, both used and new, and this is the worst one we've ever owned. America's Home Place has a quote on Linked In that says "Following the Principles Over Profit philosophy of other successful business leaders, Mr. Conner believed that if you provided customers a quality built home, at a better price, and treated customers with respect always following good, honest principles, our business would be successful."
We've found that to be false. We urge potential home buyers to avoid America's Home Place. Our home's problems are documented at www.americashomeplace.info
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Poor Quality House
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "LAWSUIT is in progress. Quality Roofing of Florida (QRF) installed my roof on a new construction that leaks since day-1. In addition to the leaking roof, QRF presented a deceiving insurance policy..."
- "I'm sure we could find a large number of victims of Morgan-Properties for a class action suit! There are so many violations and I will address some here! Bate and..."
- "We moved in 11 April 2014. LOVED our house although there were several things that were mentioned at our punch list that were flat out ignored (still, to this day..."
- "I have owned my battery for around 2 years. Recently I was told by several mechanics that I had a bad cell in my battery and to replace it. As..."
- "Service guy came spent 5 minutes or less. He did not leave a list of things he checked or serviced, nothing to sign or review, just said goodbye and walked..."
- "I ordered from this company because it's hard to find a petite size wig that's not a pixie cut. I was excited when it finally came so I could try..."