Americas Home Place - Poor quality cost us money
My wife & I had a "Signature Collection" Hanover home built in North Florida 2006. Since that time, among several "punch list" problems such as poor quality drywall and electrical mis-wiring, the shingles have slid off the roof 5 times; a roof leak rotted the rear wall and caused mold; and substandard construction allowed a water leak in a side wall that resulted in termite damage that went undetected. America's Home Place repaired the roofing and leak problems, but we had to pay for proper termite treatment, which required drilling holes in the slab, and for the cost of the repair to the wall. We're out almost $2,000 thanks to the poor build quality. AHP offered to pay if we'd sign a waiver against ALL future problems (which would include the roof). After consulting a lawyer, we declined.We are now preparing to sue the company to recover our money.
We've owned several homes in Florida, both used and new, and this is the worst one we've ever owned. America's Home Place has a quote on Linked In that says "Following the Principles Over Profit philosophy of other successful business leaders, Mr. Conner believed that if you provided customers a quality built home, at a better price, and treated customers with respect always following good, honest principles, our business would be successful."
We've found that to be false. We urge potential home buyers to avoid America's Home Place. Our home's problems are documented at www.americashomeplace.info
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Poor Quality House
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "AHP is wonderful at first. The office managed even took me out for beers and to discuss the house. All of that congeniality changed when we actually begin..."
- "Building a house in SC. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. It started from day one. The footing were poured and foundation built wrong and not..."
- "I closed on a new construction Pulte home in Phoenix on August 2. On September 8 after morning rain, I discovered an area of 13'out from the patio is..."
- "Ridiculous delays in shipping, packaging that is clearly labeled "FRAGILE" on all sides of the box is NOT being taken note of, many packages arrive smashed. I have witnessed drivers..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "I ordered a pair of basketball shoes and received a used and worn pair of shoes..."