2.7
Turnaround Time

My experience with America's Home Place was good at the sales level. However, I later discovered they need more training in the homebuilding industry.

Now, on to the building superintendent. He was absolutely terrible from day one. We built a custom home, not one of their plans, and he changed something on the plan because he didn't want to do it. He was missing from the job site a lot.

We had to tell him when certain things were done so the next phase could begin. He treated us as if we werw working for him instead of him working for us. He told us things could not be done when in fact they could and we had to call him on this a few times. He had the a bad attitude.

We're still finding out about things that should have been done or we should have been told or asked about. The workers sent to the home were not very good. Some of the walls are curvy. The trim job is second rate.

The flooring install was so bad we had to rip it out and reinstall new hardwoods. When we complained to the general manager he started to tell me about what is acceptable in the construction industry. I feel like he was overwhelmed. We spent over $400,000 with this company.

We are not satisfied. If you decide to use them stay on top of everything they do. Educate yourself about how things should be done and don't let them feed you bulls--t. Our build was done by the Hillsborough, NC office.

Great sales staff, poor construction staff.

Your sales is only as good as the quality of the work your company delivers. This review is based on my experience and opinion.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of americas home place manager. Americas Home Place needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned americas home place manager in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Americas Home Place.

Comments