1.3

We contracted with AHP in 2005 in Batesburg, SC!At first, all was going well with document details and construction work.

However, near the end of the build process, AHP started to pressure my wife and I on finalizing the build. Even on the walk-thru, we were pointing out details which were either not finished or poorly finished. Something we found during one of our spot visits while the house was being built was many in the work crew who did not speak English! This set off alarms with me which could only mean they were possibly utilizing undocumented workers.

Even when we had initially stated we only wanted quality appliances in the kitchen area - lo and behold during a visit, we found the microwave (built in over the oven) was probably the cheapest unit on the market at the time. The range unit had to be replaced in a little over two years - - all inside door knobs had to be replaced in the first two months by myself - - AHP stated the door knobs met building code and they would not replace them - After one year, cracks began to appear on multiple walls, especially at the upper corner of the door frames. The HVAC unit had multiple problems through the years (manufactured by ICP - - which I had never heard of). Eventually, after 12 years and at a cost of $6k, the hvac was replaced by a Carrier unit.

So in January 2018, I find that duct work in the attic was not completed - two duct vents (master bedroom and bathroom) were never connected, even though holes had been cut in the primary duct piping. And to add insult to injury, the propane fireplace was poorly constructed and never tested properly. I had turned it on once or twice but only to light it to ensure it was working (I thought !!).

Finally, during my evaluation with AHP after we moved in I advised them of my dissatisfaction and I would not recommend them to anyone for building a new home.My suggestion is for anyone interested in new construction is to shop around and ask plenty of questions but under no circumstances should they choose AHP.

Review about: Americas Home Place House Construction.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Being pressured to finalize decisions.

Comments