Americas Home Place - A marathon run through ***
We are currently building a house in Fletcher, NC and you would think I was on their payroll as much inspecting and pointing out corrections of issues in our house.I was told that our project manager is overseeing 14 homes built simultaneously.
This company would financially benefit from building less houses rather than losing money doing the same thing twice because its wrong the first time and prevent pissed of customers like myself. Paid $13,000+ for particle board *** cabinets I could have purchased from Home Depot for a quarter of the price with installation. We've paid over $300,000 into this house and have spent enough time having to look over their shoulders that it could be considered a second job having to hand-hold the entire process. I have over 60 pictures of things that are wrong and just plain lazy half-*** attempts of construction.
They hope you are tight on money and have to rush to close on your loan towards the end of construction so you can't put up a fight for all the shoddy workmanship of "one-step forward, five steps backwards" routine. Exhausting, frustrating, and I feel like we've been mislead about what we are getting and then just get excuses later.
If you even bother to want to know who I am it will be easy...Last name is Miller and we are building the Oakwood B house in Fletcher, NC with the added bonus room above the garage (which they already had to move the stairs because they installed it incorrectly but only noticed when I pointed it out)....and the "screened in" back porch (netting rolled over it and stapled) that cost $2,553 .......now do you see how I feel robbed?!?!?!?!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
- Nothing yet
What I disliked
- Lack of follow through
- Being pressured to finalize decisions
- Doing things the cheapest way possible
You May Also Like
- "My Adams Homes StoryMy Defective Adams Home Story. Three years ago September of 2006 my family purchased a 3000 square foot home from Adams Homes of North East Florida. This..."
- "My wife & I had a "Signature Collection" Hanover home built in North Florida 2006. Since that time, among several "punch list" problems such as poor quality drywall and electrical..."
- "I'm sure we could find a large number of victims of Morgan-Properties for a class action suit! There are so many violations and I will address some here! Bate and..."
- "since October I've have had 5 people to see the water damage from the dish. attached are pictures and all have agreed the damage from the dish. the frustration is..."
- "NOW OUT OF BUSINESS AND HAS FILED BANKRUPTCY TO GET OUT OF ANY PAYMENTS OR STUFF HE STOLE FROM CUSTOMER VEHICLES. THIS MAN IS A SCAM ARTIST, A CHEAT AND..."
- "I ordered my son a basketball hoop as a Christmas gift from the Home Depot website on December 22nd, 2016. The delivery was supposed to be delivered on the first..."
- "I called in advance Picture People located in Asheville mall (Asheville, NC). Asked for the appointment time and got 2 options: 5-30 pm and 6 pm (!!!). Knowing that..."
- "i became a sales only dealer for exede. after becoming a dealer, the area manager told me that i probably would not be able to sell the service because..."
- "I too have fallen victim to the "sure we can close your loan in less than 30 days" lie. When I originally shopped around other lenders were giving me..."