Resolved
4.0
Turnaround Time

We are currently building a house in Fletcher, NC and you would think I was on their payroll as much inspecting and pointing out corrections of issues in our house.I was told that our project manager is overseeing 14 homes built simultaneously.

This company would financially benefit from building less houses rather than losing money doing the same thing twice because its wrong the first time and prevent pissed of customers like myself. Paid $13,000+ for particle board *** cabinets I could have purchased from Home Depot for a quarter of the price with installation. We've paid over $300,000 into this house and have spent enough time having to look over their shoulders that it could be considered a second job having to hand-hold the entire process. I have over 60 pictures of things that are wrong and just plain lazy half-*** attempts of construction.

They hope you are tight on money and have to rush to close on your loan towards the end of construction so you can't put up a fight for all the shoddy workmanship of "one-step forward, five steps backwards" routine. Exhausting, frustrating, and I feel like we've been mislead about what we are getting and then just get excuses later.

If you even bother to want to know who I am it will be easy...Last name is Miller and we are building the Oakwood B house in Fletcher, NC with the added bonus room above the garage (which they already had to move the stairs because they installed it incorrectly but only noticed when I pointed it out)....and the "screened in" back porch (netting rolled over it and stapled) that cost $2,553 .......now do you see how I feel robbed?!?!?!?!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. user85351474 stated that there is a room for improvement of lack of follow through and being pressured to finalize decisions. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of americas home place house construction and associated monetary loss in the amount of $15000. Americas Home Place needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned americas home place house construction in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Americas Home Place.

Had an Experience with Americas Home Place?

Comments

Niota, Tennessee, United States #1347500

Ahp is a joke.Our project manager is lost in space.

I have had to police my home construction and fight with our project manager every step.

Sloppy const, weeks of nothing being done, excuses excuses.I would not recomended ahp to anyone.

Rutherfordton, North Carolina, United States #1207014

I have had similar issues. Unreal

Hendersonville, North Carolina, United States #1204634

We are considering building a AHP home in Mills River, NC and appreciate you posting your experience. Home building is stressful on its own and to have to worry about the contractors doing the right thing and what you pay for is added stress. Hope you are now enjoying your new home.

to Anonymous Hermitage, Tennessee, United States #1353318

Run don't do it!!

AHP_Homes_Cares01
Suwanee, Georgia, United States #1195112
Americas Home Place Verified Representative

We are so pleased to hear that we were able to resolve the issues you were having with your new home. Please feel free to contact us with any other concerns you may have.

Andrews, South Carolina, United States #1192264

Have you talked to a manager or person in charge.Are they willing to help ?

Was thinking about AhP.Please advise

to Anonymous Asheville, North Carolina, United States #1194282

Yes, our manager in charge with America's Home Place is nothing short of wonderful to work with.It's the subcontractors that do not seem to care and there's nothing to do about it directly except to move on to other more skilled subcontractors.

Our manager with AHP set up a meeting with the president of the cabinet company this week and he was also wonderful to work with and between the AHP Manager and the owner of the cabinet company we now have a plan in place to resolve the cabinet issues mentioned above.