Americas Home Place - A marathon run through ***

10 of 76 Americas Home Place reviews

We are currently building a house in Fletcher, NC and you would think I was on their payroll as much inspecting and pointing out corrections of issues in our house.I was told that our project manager is overseeing 14 homes built simultaneously.

This company would financially benefit from building less houses rather than losing money doing the same thing twice because its wrong the first time and prevent pissed of customers like myself. Paid $13,000+ for particle board *** cabinets I could have purchased from Home Depot for a quarter of the price with installation. We've paid over $300,000 into this house and have spent enough time having to look over their shoulders that it could be considered a second job having to hand-hold the entire process. I have over 60 pictures of things that are wrong and just plain lazy half-*** attempts of construction.

They hope you are tight on money and have to rush to close on your loan towards the end of construction so you can't put up a fight for all the shoddy workmanship of "one-step forward, five steps backwards" routine. Exhausting, frustrating, and I feel like we've been mislead about what we are getting and then just get excuses later.

If you even bother to want to know who I am it will be easy...Last name is Miller and we are building the Oakwood B house in Fletcher, NC with the added bonus room above the garage (which they already had to move the stairs because they installed it incorrectly but only noticed when I pointed it out)....and the "screened in" back porch (netting rolled over it and stapled) that cost $2,553 .......now do you see how I feel robbed?!?!?!?!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Turnaround Time

• What I liked
    • Nothing yet
  • What I disliked
    • Lack of follow through
    • Being pressured to finalize decisions
    • Doing things the cheapest way possible

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
10 of 76 Americas Home Place reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Aug 27 #1204634 Hendersonville, North Carolina, United States

We are considering building a AHP home in Mills River, NC and appreciate you posting your experience. Home building is stressful on its own and to have to worry about the contractors doing the right thing and what you pay for is added stress. Hope you are now enjoying your new home.

AHP_Homes_Cares01

Aug 05 #1195112 Suwanee, Georgia, United States

Americas Home Place verified representative

We are so pleased to hear that we were able to resolve the issues you were having with your new home. Please feel free to contact us with any other concerns you may have.

Jul 29 #1192264 Andrews, South Carolina, United States

Have you talked to a manager or person in charge. Are they willing to help ? Was thinking about AhP. Please advise

Aug 03 #1194282 Asheville, North Carolina, United States

Yes, our manager in charge with America's Home Place is nothing short of wonderful to work with. It's the subcontractors that do not seem to care and there's nothing to do about it directly except to move on to other more skilled subcontractors.
Our manager with AHP set up a meeting with the president of the cabinet company this week and he was also wonderful to work with and between the AHP Manager and the owner of the cabinet company we now have a plan in place to resolve the cabinet issues mentioned above.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Americas Home Place. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Americas Home Place.
Filing a new complaint about
×